Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Acts 26: Paul makes his argument before King Agrippa

As the story picks up, Paul is before King Agrippa.  Today, we hear again the story of Paul's conversion on the road to Damascus and how he has come to know the risen Christ.  In the middle of his testimony, Paul is interrupted by Roman governor Festus who essentially says you must be out of your mind to think we are going to believe that Jesus died and rose from the dead.  Paul, in what I imagine was a calm moment, turns to Agrippa and asks him if he believes to what the prophets have testified. Agrippa rebuffs Paul as Paul assures him that he hopes that all who hear his testimony would  become what Paul has become minus the shackles. 

Like Festus, I know that there are times where I fail to fully believe that God may be at work in this situation or that.  How can I be more faithful when I encounter something that seems so impossible? How can I more fully trust my life to God?  How can my eyes be more open to the work of God in the world about me?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment