Sunday, March 24, 2013

How have you experienced the Risen Christ in Holy Scripture?

I can remember the first time I became acutely aware that God spoke through the words of Holy Scripture.   It was in the late 90's as I was eating my lunch on a picnic bench outside of Reading Pennsylvania. Now, I can't remember exactly what was going on in my life, but I was deeply troubled by something.That day as I read from the Gospel of Matthew, the scriptures seem to come to life in a way I could never imagine.   On that particular day I was reading the section in which Jesus says to his disciples do not  about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink or what you will where.

As I read it was as if Jesus had said those words just for me,  for that particular situation. Tears filled my eyes as I realized that God indeed care about me.  The heavens were tore open  that day and I realized that no matter where I go or what I encounter, God always walks with me. God will carry the worries I carry.

How has God spoken to you in Holy Scripture?

The Challenge begins in one week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment